For Knoxville homeowners who are facing foreclosure, the decision to take the first steps towards doing a short sale do not necessarily come easily. When it comes time to meet with a short sale agent, many homeowners are unsure of how to prepare for the first meeting. Here are few tips of how to prepare for your first appointment.
Once you’ve selected a Knoxville short sale agent and set up and appointment you should be able to discuss the following topics at your first meeting:
- When did you buy the home? What was the purchase price?
- What circumstances have made it hard to make you mortgage payments? What solutions have you tried to make paying your mortage payment possible?
- Have you tried to work with your lender to work out a solution? Have you had any luck?
- By completing a short sale, what outcome are you hoping for?
- What notice(s) have you received from you lender (if any)?
In addition to discussing you situation, you should also have as much documentation ready for the meeting as possible. Here are a few things that you may want to have ready for your first meeting:
- Recent mortgage statements
- Any recent notices from your mortgage company
- Bank Statements
- Pay Stubs
- A list of monthly expenses
While it is not alway easy to take the first step in the process, there is a very short window of opportunity where foreclosure can be avoided. Be sure take the opportunity during the first appointment to have any questions or doubts addressed. You do have options to avoid foreclosure, its just most important you try the best option for you. If you are unsure of if a short sale is right for you, be sure to talk to your agent about what other options you may have.
Please do not hesitate to give my team and I a call. We’ve helped many Knoxville homeowners avoid foreclosure and have successfully negotiated many short sales. Let us know if there is anyway we can help, give us a call at 865-696-9002 or send us an email at [email protected]. All of our services are done at no cost to you.